Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Recipe

It has been forever since I have posted, but tonight I tweaked a recipe from Pinterest and wanted to remember so I thought I should just blog it!

Taco Casserole - My version

I had pinned this recipe recently for a low cal taco casserole, Healthy. Delicious. "Doritos Locos" Taco Bake.  It looked delicious and just 272 calories per serving so I decided to try it tonight.  I didn't have garlic or ground beef or ground chicken, so I swapped a few things.

Here it is:

24 corn tortilla chips
1 sm.-med. onion
2 t. olive oil
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 - 12.5 oz canned chicken, drained
1 T. taco seasoning
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 sm can diced green chilies
1/2-1 c chunky salsa
3/4 c. shredded cheese

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Heat oil and red pepper flakes in skillet
3. Add onions and sauté until soft
4. Add chicken and taco seasoning. Break up chicken and stir all together
5. Heat for about 5 minutes and then add black beans, chilies and salsa.  Heat until no longer juicy. (My salsa was very think so it didn't take long.)
6. Line bottom of a casserole dish (I used a 2 quart dish) with the tortilla chips, press down to break chips into bite sized pieces.
7. Spoon chicken mixture on top of chips and top with cheese.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.  
Serve with sour cream or guacamole and extra chips

Approximately 272 calories per serving and 7+ WW Points


Happy, healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment