Friday, January 8, 2016

Is It My Best?

I was reading about the first woman Quaker preacher, she lived during the 1600s. She was imprisoned often and public beaten even in her old age, yet she never stopped preaching about Christ. She gave her best all the time and didn't let discomfort stop her. Reading about her caused me to ask myself, "Am I giving my best?" Or am I giving what doesn't cost me too much? God wasn't pleased with the Israelites who were giving left-over or defected offerings. How often do we give Him our left-overs, poor efforts, or complain that we are just too busy? God wants and deserves our best all the time. What are we holding back, where is our best going? Take a moment today and Google Elizabeth Hooton. Let's start today to work to give our best to God each and every moment of the day, because He does the same for us!

Malachi 1:8 NIV
8 When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?” says the Lord Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment