Tuesday, May 29, 2018

We have Arrived

Jim and I left Reno, Nevada early Monday moring because we weren't used to Mountain Time yet.  Since we were ready so early we decided to take the longer route to San Francisco via Lake Tahoe and south.  I am so glad we did.  We got to see breath taking views of Lake Tahoe as we drove south of Reno.

I even had to do a short video of the Lake

 After Lake Tahoe, we started heading up in the mountains.  As Adalyn would say, we went to the snowy mountains.  Again, spectacular views. Though I am disappointed I didn't a picture of the frequently spotted Cow Crossing signs.  We still can't figure out what it meant becasue we didn't see any cows in the mountains. Here are some "snowy mountain" shots.










 After a few hours of up up up and then down, we were in the valley that was full of wineries and cherries.  We didn't stop for either if you can believe that, only because the wineries weren't open at 10 am.

Everyone arrived safely from Italy and we ending the day catching up and refreshing our Italian and English.

Today we headed into San Francisco via the BART.  The only one who doesn't speak fluent Italian has to make sure everyone gets the correct amount on their Clipper card and then gets through the turnstiles, while trying to make the train that arrives in 4 minutes.  It was close, but we made it.

It was a beautiful day in San Franciso. We rode one of the double decker buses called a Hop On Hop Off. 


Can you see I scratched my chin in my sleep last night, weird!

The Italians enjoying San Francisco 



We were able to visit the Painted Ladies


Then it was off to the Golden Gate Bridge and Lombard Street. Yes, we walked from Van Ness all the way up Lombard street so we could see the crooked part of it.



There are two more hills after this one!




We rode the Cable Car back to Powell Street to catch the BART back to the Airbnb. I will post those pictures tomorrow when I get them off of Jim's phone.  We are taking the BART, Metro and Ferry to visit Alcatraz tomorrow so wish me luck in getting all the cards loaded.  





No comments:

Post a Comment