Sunday, June 12, 2011

Camping, Shower and Baptism

I guess maybe I should have named this post Water!!  All the things I am going to talk about relate to water!

Camping:
Jim and I spent a few days in Branson, camping.  We went to White Water and had a blast.  I even went down the Free fall drop slide.  This was only by mistake.  We were going to go down the mat racing slide, but realized too late that we needed a mat, sooo.....  I said lets go and we walked up two more flights of stairs and I went straight down the free fall.  I didn't even scream, just kept my eyes closed tight until I stopped.  It wasn't too bad, but I don't think I will do it again.

We had a great time and relaxing too, though it goes by fast.

Saturday I went to a Bridal Shower for Kaylyn and Jeffrey in Harrison that Lisa, Jeffrey's mom, hosted.  It was great to meet some wonderful Harrison folks.  Here is Jeffrey and Kaylyn working on opening the gifts.  Loved the gifts they got, I think Jim and I need to have a 30th anniversary shower to get new glasses, towels, etc!

The kids and moms.  One of the few pictures you will see of me, I am usually behind the camera and hate to have my picture taken.

The last thing to do with water is Baptism, the shower didn't really have water but shower - water you get it!  Today we celebrated a baptism of a young lady in our church. It was at a friend of ours Mill Pond, old grain mill on the river.  What a blessing to celebrate this special day with her.

Before

During


 Coming up out of the Water - Baptized


All those there to share the moment with her! FUMC Youth!

What a joy to be present at this!  God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment