Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Monday Morning

What a beautiful weekend in the central US. We spent Friday and Saturday in Kansas City.   We toured the Federal Reserve Bank (saw oodles of money being counted) and shopped at Country Club Plaza Friday. Jim and I had coffee at Starbucks while the rest of the group went to the movies.


We went to a KC Royals baseball game on Saturday and the weather was perfect, not to hot, gentle breeze.  We went with the Arvest Junior Bank Board member from school, good group of kids!  Best part was the company and the bratwurst with grilled onions and peppers, I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

We returned home Saturday evening so we were able to go to church on Sunday.  Then out in the yard to uncover and admire the signs of spring (cleaning a foot of leaves out of the flower beds).  My Irises are starting to bloom, they should be open in the next few days. The creeping phlox is in full bloom and adds color to the front of the house. On a sad note, I think the extreme and extended cold we had this winter killed my Rosemary bush.  It has been in the ground for about 13 years, in the past we always spoiled it in the winter by covering it when it got too cold, but this year we forgot.  There is one small shoot that is still green, but there is little hope.  I have already purchased another one to plant in its place when I work up the courage to pull the old one out.

After being 80+ degrees yesterday, it is only 46 degrees today and raining. I wish I was home curled up under a blanket knitting.  I had to settle for a little knitting at lunch today. I wanted to show you what I am working on now.  One is called the Honey Cowl. This is what I take with me in the car and to work on at lunch. With this one, I cast on 150 stitches, so it isn't as long as the picture shown with the pattern.  I am using NaturallyCaron.com Spa yarn.  I love how the yarn feels.  I made one in a purple already.  A lightweight spring cowl.









I am also working on the Aynia Shrug.  Basic stockinette stitch with a small lace border.  I am using Quince & Co. Chickadee yarn in Egret.  I hope to finish it in the next few weeks, though we will be busy this weekend remodeling our oldest daughter's, Abby, bathroom.  I hope to post before and after pictures of that project too.  It should be interesting, there will be 4 of us in house and no working toilet for 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment