Friday, December 11, 2015

Excuses

What have been our excuses for not doing what God desires of us? Too busy, don't know the Bible well enough, don't know what to say, or just not comfortable doing it? We aren't the first to have these excuses and we won't be the last, but we do have the power to stop giving excuses and just say Yes Lord! God has set us apart for Him, to do His work. We are never too young or too old, we are never too busy, and we all know how to talk because we are created by God for a purpose, to glorify Him! Jeremiah didn't think he had it in him to do what God was asking of him, but God reminded him that he did. Each one of us has the power of Christ in us to do the work God has planned for us. Remember this the next time you feel a nudging from God to do some hard task!

Jeremiah 1:4-7 NIV
4 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” 6 “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” 7 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.

No comments:

Post a Comment