Monday, December 7, 2015

Your Anchor

What grounds you, brings peace to you, keeps you calm? For some it is quiet time on a beach, for others it is the arms of a loved one. However, we can't always get to a beach and our loved ones are not always with us. There is one thing that will always be around, God's Word! When life is overwhelming, confusing, or just stinks, I recite these verses. They are my anchor, my hope, my peace. I have theses and many more verses highlighted in my Bible. God's truth and promises grounds us! We may not always be able to remember verses so it is important to highlight them in your bible so that one day your grandchildren or great-grandchildren can read them to you when you no longer can! What verse or verses ground you? Highlight them and memorize them so you will always have them with you!

Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment