Sunday, December 6, 2015

Humility

What does clothe yourselves in humility mean? I read this prayer this am and here is part of it that states what humility towards one another means:  
"That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it."
The world does not think like this, but as Christians we are commanded to do so.  Are you clothed in humility? I am sadly lacking and will be praying these words often! Join me in this prayer for all of us. 

1 Peter 5:5 NIV
5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

No comments:

Post a Comment