Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Right

We had a discussion about "my rights" yesterday at work, how it is "my right" to protect my stuff, to drive without a seatbelt and so on. We are a "my rights" people and it made me think about Christ's rights. He gave up all of His rights for His Father and us. He didn't demand His rights as He was ridiculed, beaten, and then crucified. Through it all, He was pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive and full of mercy. When we are full of the wisdom that comes from heaven, we will no longer use the mantra, " it is my right", we will be peace-loving, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Ask God to fill you with the wisdom from heaven and be the peacemakers He desires us to be. Surrender your rights!

James 3:17-18 NIV
17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment