Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Around, Over or Through

I have had the opportunity to pray for many friends this week for different reasons. As I was praying I thought about our difficulties, our broken pieces and injured selves and the obstacles ahead for many. As I started to pray that these all be removed, I realized that might not be God's plan. He maybe taking us through the obstacles instead of around or over them. We may have to suffer injuries so to speak so we can be healed by the Great Physician. We may have to be torn so God can bind us up. These difficulties maybe what brings us to a deeper dependence and love for God. As you face difficulties today or have the opportunity to pray for someone, remember that the Lord heals and binds our wounds, especially the ones He intends for us to grow from.

Hosea 6:1 NIV
1 “Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment