Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Lord Prepares Us

Has anyone ever asked you to speak at an event, teach a class, or lead a group, and your first thought was, "I don't know enough to do that!" You fear you won't say the right or wise thing or you won't know an answer to a question. Notice in this verse, Isaiah didn't say, "I am well-instructed because I have study hard and read much." He said, "The Lord has given the words to say that sustains the weary!" You may not know the answers to the questions or stumble over the right choice of words, but if you answer the Lord's prompting to serve Him, He will supply all you need to do the job! When asked to serve, all you have to do is say yes! God will provide whatever it is you need to do the work! 

Isaiah 50:4 NIV
4 The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment